Registration and Program Information
Bay Area Children's Theatre (BACT) returns to provide production and staff services. All performances will take place at OIS!
- Detailed program information including a link to register will be available soon on this Bulldog Theatre page.
- Registration will open on Wednesday, October 19th at 7:00pm.
- Sign ups are administered by the Bay Area Childrens' Theater.
- Sign ups are first come, first serve for all cast and tech crew positions.
- Subject to minimum enrollment, there will be two casts of actors who meet and perform separately. One tech crew will serve both casts at all tech rehearsals and performances.
- All students who wish to be in the show as actors must register and choose a cast, either Wednesday Fresh Start cast (2-3:30pm) or Wednesday New Day cast (3:45-5:15pm)
- There are no initial auditions for acceptance into the program.
- All auditions are held after registrations are complete.
- Everyone who enrolls is guaranteed a role, but space is limited to 30 actors per cast.
Wed., Oct. 19 at 7:00pm: Registration begins
Wed., Oct. 26, 2-3:30pm: FREE optional workshop for students who are new to musical theatre
Wed., Nov. 2: Classes start! Fresh Start (2-3:30pm) and New Day (3:45-5:15pm) casts will be introduced to the program and learn audition materials
Wed., Nov. 9: Students audition for specific roles within their cast
Wed., Nov. 16: Casting is complete; students do a first read through of the show as their
character(s) before Thanksgiving break
Wed. Nov. 30 - Wed. Apr. 12: Rehearsals continue (no class during winter break or spring break)
Wed. March 29: Tech students attend rehearsal for both casts
April 17 - 19: TECH REHEARSALS
April 20 - 22: PERFORMANCES (3 shows per cast)
Attendance is mandatory for all participants on Wednesday, April 12th, all tech rehearsals, and all performances!
Cost to Participate
The Bulldog Theater After-School Drama Program suggests a contribution of $450 for each cast member and $200 for tech crew members to be paid through the Bulldog Store. Other expenses may include costume base-layer pieces and specific footwear for actors, as well as tickets for family members to see the performances. Information about tuition assistance will be available at registration.
Synopsis of Shrek the Musical JR.
Beauty is in the eye of the ogre in Shrek The Musical JR., based on the Oscar-winning DreamWorks Animation film and fantastic Broadway musical. It's a "big bright beautiful world" as everyone's favorite ogre, Shrek, leads a cast of fairytale misfits on an adventure to rescue a princess and find true acceptance. Part romance and part twisted fairy tale, Shrek JR. is an irreverently fun show with a powerful message for the whole family.
Once upon a time, in a far away swamp, there lived an ogre named Shrek. One day, Shrek finds his swamp invaded by banished fairytale misfits who have been cast off by Lord Farquaad, a tiny terror with big ambitions. When Shrek sets off with a wisecracking donkey to confront Farquaad, he's handed a task — if he rescues feisty princess Fiona, his swamp will be righted. Shrek tries to win Fiona’s love and vanquish Lord Farquaad, but a fairytale wouldn't be complete without a few twists and turns along the way.
With abundant opportunities for imaginative sets and costumes, and a host of over-the-top roles for an expandable cast, there's a part for everyone in this dazzling adventure story.